All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of the life of the Lamb who has been slain. Revelation 13:8


Though He slay me, I will hope in Him. Job 13:15


For from him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen. Romans 11:36

He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:32



















Saturday, February 26, 2011

The foundation of this "foundation"

There are many reasons why I would like to begin posting thoughts, feelings, and other statements on a forum such as this.

1)  In the age of communication and constant contact, information seems available, but is easily lost and buried with new information coming out later, and "more important" or "more up to date."
This cycle has continued for quite some time.  New technology destroys old technology, and information created and/or stored in the old technology can be long forgotten.  I intend to use a newer platform to set in stone the "old ways." 

2) In addition, I have found especially in reading about the founders of our United States of America, that those men wrote things down, and did so with regularity.  If they had not, we wouldn't know very much about our founding, or about those men.  Some recorded items are more valuable than others, but those who reap the rewards of written work can apply any piece of those notes at any time.  This value has only survived because those men took time to write things down, and keep those writings.  I want to record my information/my thoughts in a similar fashion.

3) I am a father of four children who change every day.  In a lot of ways, I am unable to share things I have learned with them.  They aren't old enough for many subjects, and aren't experienced enough in others.  My other option is to wait for the right moment to teach or transfer knowledge.  He who hesitates is lost right?  If you don't act on instinct sometimes, you miss the opportunity.  I don't want to miss an opportunity to teach my children.  I intend to post things for my children's admonition so if I am not here to share this with them, or if I forget to, they have an avenue to research what I might have said.  This is more important than the first two.

4) Sharing things in another forum is not very beneficial.  Facebook "notes" and daily writing are a passing fancy.  Referring to #1 above, this follows in line.  Several postings on facebook might attrack a few reads from a few friends, leaving less important "commenting" a priority.  Ironic isn't it?  Social networking time is not "serious time."  This should be a serious time.

5) Many people don't really say what they mean.  I want mainly my children to know exactly what their father's thoughts were at the time he had them.  How can I at 53 share my thoughts from my 31st year with my daughter accurately when she is 31?  In addition, people who know each other "well" don't really know what their friends think about a lot of things.  More communication can benefit others with a common feeling, and could be encouraging and helpful.

6) I am moved often by things I hear, especially while reading the Bible or listening to a sermon while driving.  I don't feel that I have an outlet or the time to say what needs to be said.  This item and reason for this blog is paramount.  Of all the things to talk about and share with a friend, acquaintance, or child, what God has said in His Word overshadows and trumps every other subject God has given man.

7) Hard work and making money isn't the only thing to teach another.

It is for these reasons that I post.  This first post is at least for me, a mission of what I need to stay focused on. 

I Corinthians 14:40, Proverbs 4:1

1 comment:

  1. you encourage me to do the same. I'm really looking forward to reading what you have been challenged on. I think it will get many minds churning in the same way yours is.

    ReplyDelete