All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of the life of the Lamb who has been slain. Revelation 13:8


Though He slay me, I will hope in Him. Job 13:15


For from him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen. Romans 11:36

He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:32



















Saturday, April 14, 2012

Together for the Gospel 2012 t4g.org

Having just returned from the Together for the Gospel conference in Louisville, I must say a few things.



1)      When faced with scripture after scripture after scripture, I am more able to recognize the weaknesses in my life, and feel helpless on my own to recover ground, and make it back to good standing with God.  I see myself in every story in the Bible as the wicked, vile sinner.  Like Ahab, Jezebel, Baalim, Judas, the rich young ruler, etc.  I am those people every day I wake up.

2)      I feel selfish, and focused only on my own things, desires, and goals.  When God is presented to you as He truly is found in the scripture, seeking to do anything apart from Him seems foolish.

3)      Singing rich songs filled with doctrine make me want to cry like a baby.  I know my estate truly was helpless.  I know that I was on my way to hell.  I know that rather than feast on his bounty, I would rather starve.  I know that I hated God.  I know that all these things would continue forever.  And then, he changed me.  He sought me out like the blind man in John 9.  That’s when I can’t take it anymore.  He is every richness I could ever want in anything in this world, but so much more complete, deep, and perfect.

4)      My day to day activities seem so empty and useless compared to what a messenger of God does.  A Pastor has so much weight on his shoulders, but shouldn’t I also be a messenger? 

5)      My job is really boring compared to what Jesus did.  My accomplishments in all levels of schooling and employment are like certificates on waste paper compared to what Jesus accomplished in only 33 years.

6)      It seems that I don’t have much time to make a difference in people’s lives.  I’m already 32.  40 or 50 years or less is but a vapor.

7)      What reward do I really have for doing anything not focused on his mission?  People are hanging by a thread over the pits of hell forever, and they fall into the hell all day long while we drive our cars, eat lunch, and go to sleep.  Today is the day to sow his Word in the life of others.



God grant me the desire and passion to keep these things on my heart until He returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment