All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of the life of the Lamb who has been slain. Revelation 13:8


Though He slay me, I will hope in Him. Job 13:15


For from him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen. Romans 11:36

He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:32



















Wednesday, September 19, 2012

33 Years- Long enough for a King

King David was 30 years old when he became King of Israel.  David Brainerd was 29 when he died.  Robert Murray M'Cheyne was only 29 when he died. 

No one will ever be talked about more than Jesus Christ who lived and died many years ago.  Christ, being the son of God himself, cannot die, so his death was short lived, and he rose again on the third day.  In his 33 years on the earth, more lives were changed than in all the years since and by all the people since.  Every person finds their significance through him, and yet he was here for only 33 years.

I am blessed in many ways.  I am 33 today, the same age that Jesus was when his father was pleased to bruise Him. I'll never accomplish all he did in his short time, and yet,  I would be honored to be used in any way by Him.  In death, or in my 34th year, He keeps me here to use me for something.

Why the God of heaven would allow me to live as long as his own son is a question I'll ponder for quite some time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment