All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of the life of the Lamb who has been slain. Revelation 13:8


Though He slay me, I will hope in Him. Job 13:15


For from him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen. Romans 11:36

He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:32



















Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Great Physician

Our paths will part for a while, my son.
In short time, I hope again to be one.
You always seem to have been near
But tomorrow that may be unclear.

I want to walk with you and take your place
But God has designed you to take that space.
To go alone, to be out of touch
To bear a burden that weighs so much.

I’m just your Dad, that’s all I can say.
I am weak and feeble, and I fail each day.
My strength is a shadow on a day like today
My arms can’t protect or show you the way.

I want to hold you, guard you, and defend
I want to be with you until the end.
But I’m just your Dad, my little Z
I stand arms outstretched as you leave.

I would trade with you with no question
So you might stay, and play and function.
But your Creator holds his Hand to me
And asks me, “David, just leave him be.”

Oh I ache to trade with you.
Our Father just doesn’t want me to.
He has chosen me to be your Dad
And for you tomorrow to hold His hand.

O Zechariah, you aren’t alone
You see, God is still on His throne
He may turn me away from you
But His grace and mercy will see you through.

Your Father in Heaven loves you so
He wants You to know this trial also.
So as you grow and become a man
You’ll know his presence and His plan.

Son of my body, son of the King
You are a splendid beloved thing
That God himself has loved and shaped
For tomorrow’s events, O be not dismayed!

You see, God himself had a son
He was the perfect beloved one.
God loved his son, and freely gave
His life away, for you to save.

Dad’s love their sons, my little child.
I know I’ll see you after a while.
Rest in your Father, the one above
For He looks down on you with love.

I know someday, we may talk and see
Of this Jesus who died for you and me.
Will you know him my son, my child
And Rest in him this week for a while?

I want to teach you more as you grow
So as a young man, you’ll certainly know
That God your Father is your true friend
Dad may not be with you til the end.

If I leave you first, you stand with the King
I wouldn’t want any other thing.
The Great Physician hails you, my boy
Trust him, Love him, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment